August 07, 2013

Frozen Banana Treat - Revisited

If anyone reads my blogs regularly or happened to come across a blog I did on a frozen banana treat I am revisiting my original recipe and trying a new spin (link below). Since blackberries are in such abundance in the Pacific Northwest right now, I am always looking for a new way to use them. They are one of my families favorite berries and worth every little thorn to get them. You can buy them too to avoid the literal blood sweat and even tears, but I vowed to never buy something that grows wild in my own little part of the world.




Once you have your berries you can choose to separate out the seeds or leave the berries whole. If you have frozen berries you can add them whole with the bananas. If separating the seeds, you can pour about 1/4 - 3/4 cups of prepared blackberry juice into your bananas as you puree. This is also great with blueberries and strawberries.



Here is a link for my version of a non-dairy ice cream alternative:



~Connect with me ~ 


Facebook : Chee Chee and Company


Youtube : HandmadebyKristen

Twitter: Handmadebykris


No comments:

Post a Comment