January 31, 2014

Raw Rainbow Salad

This last week I have been fighting an annoying virus, the weather has been cold and rainy but at least the Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl! I am trying to stay in high spirits but this running nose has got me lagging so have been needing something to help me get back on the path to super mom. As usual on the weekends we go through the house and throw a bunch of food together for a smorgasbord. This particular evening we had a some freshly sprouted lentils, kale and carrots that needed to be used right away. We have been on a winter salad kick so I bumped it up a notch with a rainbow salad that was filled with vital nutrients during the long winter months. Plus this would be a great healthy super bowl party dish!



Raw Rainbow Salad

4-6 C Chopped Kale (I used 3 different kinds but use whatever you have.)
2 C Shredded Carrots (I used orange, yellow and red)
3 C Sprouted Green Lentils
1 C Raisins
1 C Sunflower Seeds (You can substitute with Flax)

1 C Apple Cider Vinegar (with the 'Mother')
1/4 C Honey
Salt to taste

Chop veggies and mix with lentils, raisins and seeds. In a separate bowl mix vinegar honey and salt until well incorporated. Toss salad with dressing then serve.

This takes about 10 minutes start to finish and makes a large bowl worth of salad. I think it is enough for large family or to bring to a potluck. If you do not eat right away you can refrigerate but texture can change a little after 12 hours.

~Connect with me~
YouTube : HandmadebyKristen

Facebook : Chee Chee and Company


Pinterest : cheecheeandco

Instagram : cheecheeandco

Twitter : cheecheeandco



No comments:

Post a Comment