September 15, 2014

Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms

A few years ago my sister and I were living together. As we always did on Saturdays, we ventured to the farmers market getting produce for the week and looking for new treasures. One particular Saturday we came across a booth that was selling zucchini blossoms. We remembered eating them from the garden before but never really knew how to prepare them just right. Once we got home my sister then proceeded to whip together a filling and we stuffed and battered the blossoms for frying. They were so amazingly good we have been talking about them for years. This year I have been growing my own garden and I have had plenty of extra male squash blossoms so I thought I would give it a shot.

Bacon and cheese stuffed zucchini blossom


You will need:
10-15 Squash Blossoms (I recommend Zucchini)
1/3 C Cream Cheese (Softened)
1/4 C Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C Chopped Cooked Bacon (Optional)

Tempura Batter
Vegetable Oil


Gently clean blossoms and remove anthers from the center of the flower by snapping off or cutting. 



Mix together filling then 
gently fill each blossom to division of the petals. Tuck and tie petals so stuffing will not come out.  


Bring temperature of oil up to med-high. Mix up tempura batter according to directions on package. Cover blossoms on all sides. Spin blossom on spoon in batter to help petals stick together so stuffing does not come out in oil. Once all sides are golden brown remove from oil to cool then eat.

Stuffed zucchini blossoms with tomato basil pasta

~Connect with me~
YouTube : HandmadebyKristen

Facebook : Chee Chee and Company


Pinterest : cheecheeandco

Instagram : cheecheeandco

Twitter : cheecheeandco

No comments:

Post a Comment